Saturday, November 29, 2008

Unkempt Promises

"Dil-e-Nadaan tujhe hua kya hai?
Aakhir is dard ki dawa kya hai?
Humko unse Wafa ki hai ummeed,
jo nahin jaante wafa kya hai."

I see the moist eyes
the eyes that complain
how can u do it to me?
Don't you feel my pain?

U promised u promised!!
They yell and they scream
I say I am sorry,
But do I really mean?

My heart pains, I hate myself
I wish I could go back in time
Go back and change things
Make all the lines rhyme

Fulfill the promises that were made
Promises that were made but not meant
Promises that were meant but weren't met
And the ones that were met without intent

But then I can't do that
But then what has happened did
They were mere words
the promises From my mouth that slid

I stare away from the eyes and look at the sky
And I see the sun, to my dismay
I don't want to look at its eyes
Who knows what they may say

But does the sun have eyes?
Or is it the eye itself?
Because never can I look at it
broken promises I think……

I turn away and go,
I still think of it
the despair in the eyes that was spread
the disenchantment
the sadness, the fear
And off course the hatred

never in those eyes am I again going to stare
Coz deep below, I know, I don't care

0 comments